Friday, May 11, 2012

Interstim Stage 1 Failure Update

Leave it to me to be the odd bird.

Both my right and left wires came out.

I knew something was amiss around 4 p.m. yesterday.

We were testing the left side and all of a sudden I was feeling the stimulation up high on my butt cheek.

This is not where you are supposed to feel it.

However, I went about my day and knowing the rep was calling me today at 9 a.m. I figured we'd sort it out.

Since that left wire obviously moved he had me switch to the right wire.

I turned my device all the way up to 10 and felt nothing.

He said well, that wired moved too.

I started crying.

He called my doctor, the doctor called me, I had to go in and get everything pulled out.

The nurse said, yep, the right wire is totally out and the left is halfway out.

Only me.

The good news is, I did get relief yesterday for a little while.

I woke up at 7:30 a.m. and didn't have to pee at all.

Huge!

I did pee around 8 a.m., drank 3 cups of coffee and didn't pee again until 10:45 a.m.

WOW!

Usually I pee every 30 - 60 minutes.

The next time I peed was at 1 p.m.

Then not again until 3:30 p.m.

It was around 4 p.m. that I noticed the problem.

Then I was back to every 30-60 minutes.

Now I will have a test wire surgically implanted and we will test this way for 2 weeks.

To say I am unhappy is an understatement.

No comments: