Friday, May 4, 2012

Break Out The Booze

It has been one of those weeks.

I'm exhausted from it.

Davis had allergy tests Monday, all positive, including dogs.

We have a dog that we dearly love.

However, he is reacting terribly to her.

Just our luck.

Thursday we had a little playdate at our local cupcake shop.

Davis was having so much fun, then he fell really hard on the sidewalk outside of it.

Skinned both elbows and a knee.

His one elbow was bleeding pretty badly and he was all upset over it, of course I'm never prepared and had no first aid related items with me and the husband would have killed me if he bled all over the Benz.

What did I do?

I wrapped that kids elbow in a size 6 Pampers Baby Dry is what I did.

He wasn't very happy, but it also wasn't bleeding all over anymore either.

After that fiasco I was looking forward to a park playdate today with all of our friends.

Just as we were getting ready to leave I got a phone call I had to take, while I was on the phone the dog licked Davis causing a severe reaction.

It was terrible. 

His entire face was red and had bumps all over it.

Both eyes swelled.

He was a disaster.

However, he still wanted to go to the park.

He had a fit when I told him he had to get a bath first.  I had to get the dog dander off of him.  He couldn't leave the house that way.

After a big fight, with tears, kicking and screaming, he got a bath.

Afterwards he proceeded to throw a fit for an hour, I gave him Benadryl and finally the rash and swelling went down.

He still wanted to go to the park, so we left, got some McD's on the way which was another fiasco.

They forgot our straws and his Happy Meal toy.

We arrived a the park at 12:45 p.m. and of course 5 minutes later it poured down rain.

He didn't want to leave, who can blame him really, but we had to.

I picked him up, kicking and screaming and got in the car.

At this point I look like I should be in a wet t-shirt contest.

He screamed in the car for a good 10 minutes before falling asleep.

Then I got a phone call from the allergist.

We also had a blood draw for food allergies.

We chose to test him for casein, wheat, dairy, soybean, melon, peanuts, egg white and whole egg.

The results, allergic to every single one except melon.

Shit.

I need vodka.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Aww, poor baby! At least you know what you need to eliminate from his diet. I hope it makes him feel better.

Sassytimes said...

Oh my gosh Jill! That's what happens when your dog touches him??? Did this just start? How sad for all of you; the dog too. :(

I hope your weekend is brighter!!!