Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Overwhelmed

As my due date gets closer I have had this overwhelming feeling about having a baby. I guess it is a little late now to change my mind but I'm freaking out. I'm going to be in charge of taking care of this little person and I don't have a clue about babies. I'm leaving my job which scares me, I want to stay home don't get me wrong but now that I'm looking at 3 weeks left I'm scared and I don't know who wouldn't be. We have baby stuff everywhere so it stares me in the face daily as a reminder of what is soon to be. We just won't be able to hop in the car at a moments notice to go to the store or grab ice cream, we are going to have another person that has to go with us, a helpless little person at that. I'm sure once he is here all of these fears will go away, but somedays I can't just help thinking that maybe investing in another dog would have been easier.

I think I've also decided that this will be our last and only child. I really don't think I want to be pregnant again, it isn't glamorous. Anyone who says they enjoyed pregnancy is lying.

1 comment:

Jene said...

I understand completely. I can only tell you that your whole perception of the world will change as soon as your baby is placed on your chest. This was in a card I received at my shower, and I never imagined just how true it could be:

“A baby will make love stronger, days shorter, nights longer, bankroll smaller, home happier, clothes shabbier, the past forgotten, and the future worth living for.”