Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Pregnancy Advice from My 80 Year Old Senile Grandmother

I'm going to start this post out by saying, my grandmother has always been crazy ever since I met her in 1978. In the last 10 years or so she has taken crazy to the extreme. My mom and I went to visit her Sunday afternoon and here is some of the advice I received from her:

1. Get a big cake (yes I said cake) of cocoa butter to rub on my nipples for when I breasfeed. She told me to sleep with it next to my pillow and rub it on my nipples constantly. Ewwww!!!!!!!!!!

2. Stay in bed all day from now on, do not get up, do not pass go, do not collect $200. She was very adament about my being on bed rest because she was a doctor in her past life, hahahaha. She also told me to quit my job NOW and she wouldn't let up about this. I had to lie to granny and tell her my last day was this Friday, she was ecstatic about that.

3. She also went on and on and on about how she loved being pregnant. She said she never looked better when she was pregnant. I beg to differ about this one, not that I feel horrible, I've had a great pregnancy but I wouldn't call pregnancy my hottest moment in life.

4. She also told me it was OK to just whip my breast out anywhere I wanted and start feeding my baby. She also let me know that she was noted for breastfeeding anywhere and everywhere. Which is why she isn't afraid to expose herself in her front yard (yes she did this a few months ago).

No comments: