Thursday, January 8, 2009

The Aches of Pregnancy and Exhaustion

Before I got pregnant I'd hear friends, family members, and other women complain of pregnancy aches. I didn't really have any morning sickness so I thought woohoo, this is easy. Well, around week 24 I started having lots of pain in my tailbone, then I started having a backache, and neither have gone away. That is right, the pain just gets worse by the week. Every time I get up from a sitting or laying down position I struggle for a few moments to actually get myself in an upright position. I look like a hunched over little old lady and the pain sometimes makes me yelp a little. I can imagine that this will only get worse, Joy!! Oh and my butt goes numb and gets a strange tingle to it if I am in the same position too long, I'm assuming this is sciatic nerve pain.

All I have to say is I'm taking a bottle of Ibuprofren and a 12 pack of Bud Light to Labor & Delivery. Think anyone will look at me funny?

I'm also starting to feel the exhaustion set in. The same exhaustion I had during the 1st trimester seems to be creeping back. I guess I'll be back to going to bed at 8:30 p.m. or earlier. Sometimes during the 1st trimester I'd come home from work and go to bed at 6 p.m.

Did I also mention that pregnancy makes me feel like the most unattractive woman ever? I don't get people that LOVED being pregnant. They were either heavily drugged during the entire 9 months or totally crazy!

No comments: