Tuesday, December 13, 2011

A Realization

While at bunco over the weekend we somehow got on the subject of kids and sleep.

That was when it hit me.

It has been almost 3 years since I've slept like a normal person.

I'm not looking for sympathy or advice.

I just realized that is a really long time for not much sleep.

I will admit I'm kind of used to it now, weird, right? In fact my body is so set for not sleeping that I've become an insomniac of sorts which is an entire problem of it's own.

Davis has NEVER had an entire week where he has slept through the night every single night.

That is crazy.

That is insane.

That is why we don't have a baby brother or sister for Davis.

Can you imagine throwing a newborn into this mix?

I currently cherish the 4 hours of sleep I do get each night.

If we had a newborn I'd get 0 hours.

Anyways, when I started talking about the fact I've never had a full night sleep in 3 years I said how I used to think moms that complained about not sleeping were nuts and liars.

Well, I'm eating my thoughts and words now.

I am never looking for sympathy and now I see that those moms were not either. I also see that they were not lying and certaintly are not nutjobs.

They were just overstressed and overtired moms wanting to let people know that hey, the reason I look like shit is because I don't fucking sleep, EVER!!!!!!!

No comments: