Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Reasons to be Thankful

I've posted like 8 gazillion times about how I know a bunch of people who are expecting right now. Almost all of my friends who all have 1 child the same age as Davis, are all now expecting their 2nd child.

I was talking to a non-pregnant friend yesterday and she told me how she totally understands how I've been feeling.

So after talking to her a little bit about it I've decided to come up with a list of reasons to be thankful I'm not expecting.

1. I can continue my weight loss journey.  Take that pregnancy butt!!

2. I can get my drink on.  One dirty martini please.

3. I don't have to find un-flattering maternity clothes. Skinny jeans here I come!

5.  I won't have leaky boobs.  Enjoy your maternity bras sisters! Hope you don't squirt anyone in the face.

6. While everyone is up with newborns all night I'll be sleeping soundly.  Hope you drink coffee mamas!!

7. I won't be trying to figure out the logistics to taking care of a toddler and a newborn at the same time. (I realize people make it work, but let me just have this one, it makes the sting of not having a baby less stingy)  Wahhh, wahhhh, wahhhh, wahhhh (this is the sound of a toddler and a newborn crying at the same time.

So see I've come up with a great list of reasons to make me feel better about NOT having a new baby anytime soon.

Maybe all my friends will be jealous of ME in 5 months when they have a crying newborn and all I've got is one 3 year old to take care of.

1 comment:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

Sometimes I get baby/pregnancy envy too. Then I remind myself of all the things you say here and I'm happy again. ;-)