Friday, November 18, 2011

Bits and Pieces

1. I've been busy, working out 4 days a week, go me!!!!!  I'm on a serious mission and I'm going to lose these last 10 lbs. by Christmas or before, mark my word!

2. I cannot believe Thanksgiving is next week, I'm sooooo not ready for the Holiday Season.

3. I am looking forward to this semester being over, 2 more weeks!!!

4. I am looking forward to making some cake ball truffles and cake pops to give away as gifts, just the way I like it.  Selling them took all the fun out of it :o)

5. I worry about my husband's health.  He has some bad habits, one of which is smoking.  I pray that he quits every day.  He hasn't been feeling good and I hope when he sees his doctor he gets the wake up call that he needs.

6. I actually won the car seat battle today, that was a first.

7. Davis gets funnier and funnier every day, the stuff he says, the stuff he does, it makes me really see that he is growing up into a little man.

8. Speaking of Davis growing up, he finally *GETS* stuff, like holidays, etc...  So I am super excited for Christmas this year and super excited to take him to do holiday things, like see our local zoo lights and to see Santa.

9. I've never gone to church a day in my life, I don't affiliate myself with any particular branch of religion, I do however consider myself a believer and to be spiritual.  Lately I've been thinking that I'd like to take Davis to church, but I have no idea where to go or where to begin.

10. I'm extremely disturbed by the Penn State sex abuse scandel.  I find all sex abuse cases extremely disturbing, but this one is just that much more.  People who are trusted, held up on such a high standard, how could it be??  If this went on there, where else are things like this going on?  It has to be everywhere.  A new scandel just came out last night at Syracuse University, I have a feeling we are going to see more and more people coming forward regarding abuse at the college/university level.  Sick.  Stories like these make me not want to bring any kids into this world.

2 comments:

Sassytimes said...

Go you! on working out! I'm hoping these 35lbs drop off me quickly, considering I'll probably never have time to sit down or eat junk ever again (jk). ;) My husband and I keep saying 2012 is the year of fit and health for us...we've seen 4 people in their early 30s die of heart attacks over the last few months. Sad. And scary...makes you realize how important health really is.

But...umm...cake balls...yum! Baby finally dropped a little so I have a little room in my stomach and my sweet cravings came back. I'm too lazy to bake anything for real, so I bought a bunch of 'break and bake' Nestle cookies today. ;) Those are healthy, right?

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I'm a non-smoker and I used Nicorette gum to help me quit. The problem is I'm still addicted to the gum and I haven't smoked in 7 years!! lol

Find a church filled with young people and a young pastor. I am thinking the same thing about taking my kids to church.

For the first 20 years of my life I went 2 times on Sunday. For the last 22 years of my life I have barely set foot in church except to get married and for holidays. Can you say burn out? :-)