Wednesday, May 25, 2011

What Would You Do??

Every day I clean something out, a drawer, closet, anything that only takes a few minutes because I have a 2 year old running around and it is hard to really take 5 hours straight to get rid of things, so I do a few small things at a time.

Today I found the lease agreement on my 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee.

We leased this Jeep in the Fall of 2008 for my husband.

In 2009 he got his "dream" car, well, not really a dream car, but he always wanted a so called "luxury" car.

So when the lease was up on my beloved 2007 Honda Accord SE V-6 (old body style), that I so dearly loved and still dream about, he got an Acura TL.

Yes, I'm a dork.

Yes, I love my Honda Accords.

Yes, I miss it every day.

Red with Tan Interior.

Ahhhhh, the beauty of the Accord.

It was my 2nd Honda Accord and what great vehicles they are.

I'll admit it, we like Hondas.

When the Jeep lease was up we were going to get a Honda Pilot or another Acura, but an SUV one.

Anywho, I found that lease agreement on the Jeep today.

The buyout from US Bank is only $7200.

I know from experience that banks typically will take less than that if you offer them less.

Why?

That Jeep is just going to go to auction.

It is easier and probably more cost effective for them to just sell it outright to the person leasing it.

I think we are going to offer the bank $4000 in August which is a few months before the Jeep is to be turned in.

We are hoping they will come back to us with $5000-$6000 for it.

I've done this before with my leases and the bank always takes less, always.

We will pay cash for it and not have a car payment.

Did I mention that said Jeep only has 17,000 miles on it?

We'd be idiots to not buy it for the $7200 they want for it.

So here I go, probably buying my Jeep.

But oh the freedom of no car payment, it makes me cry.

We want to move so badly, to a bigger, newer home, but the market is so shitty and we hate to lose money, but the money we will save with only 1 car payment might make that loss not as bad.

I always lease and always have a car payment, I won't know what to do.

Even if we just drive it for a year, I'm sure we can re-sell it for what we paid or more.

I looked the Blue Book up on it today and it said $17,000, for FAIR condition.

Mine is in really, really good condition.

What would you do??

1 comment:

Sassytimes said...

Buy it, save the extra money from not having a car payment and use it toward moving later.