Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sleep? Whats Sleep???

I remember telling my husband, oh I can't wait to have this baby so I'm comfortable and can get a good night of sleep again. DUMBEST.COMMENT.EVER What the hell was I thinking when I said that? Oh yeah, that is right I was a first time mom to be and figured my baby would sleep all night from the start. Last night Jeff and I were basically up with Davis trying to soothe him and get him to sleep from midnight until about 5:30 a.m. when he finally slept. It was the worst night ever. He has been pretty restless for a good 3 days now at night, but last night was the icing on the cake. Nothing and I mean nothing made this kid happy until around 5 a.m. I decided to walk around and gently bounce him while making a stupid ssssshhhhh sound, he was out in 10 mintues. We are so tired that I'm going to be a bad mommy and take my mom up on her offer to keep him for the night so I can get some rest. I know lots of people couldn't leave a baby this young overnight, but I'm desperate and if I don't get a good sleep you might read about me in the paper. I think one night without Davis to get a good night sleep is worth it right now, otherwise I will go crazy from sleep deprevation. I also trust my mom more than anyone, she comes over almost every day and helps me with Davis so he knows her and she knows his routine. And if you know my mom I think you'd probably trust her with your baby too, she is awesome.

No comments: