Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Being Mom Enough

I've been meaning to blog for a few months about the oh so controversial Time Magazine cover.

You know the one.


Most people were utterly disgusted by the photo on this cover.

Going as far to call this mom a child molester.

I wasn't disgusted by photo on this cover, I see a lot worse at our local mall via the teenage girls tramping around in their mini skirts and low cut tops.

I was offended by the statement on the cover.

ARE YOU MOM ENOUGH?

As moms we tend to beat ourselves up over every single thing we do or don't do and constantly face judgement from other moms, friends, family, etc... for our personal choices.

And that folks is why I don't like this cover.

Not because this woman is feeding a 3 year old on her breast.

I don't like this cover because it says "ARE YOU MOM ENOUGH?"

What a confidence booster that is for mom's who just aren't feeling like they are doing a good enough job.

Like the mom who just quit breastfeeding or the mom that didn't get the perfect birth she envisioned or the mom that has to work instead of stay at home with her kids.

I could go on and on with the list of things mom's tend to make themselves feel guilty about.

When is just being a GOOD MOM, the best mom YOU can be, going to be MOM ENOUGH for anyone?

No comments: