Friday, July 13, 2012

Am I the Only Mom

That has moments?

You know, the moments when you feel slightly psychotic.

Your kid is being terrible, not listening, attempting to run off in a busy parking lot.

100 degrees.

You are carrying no less than 30 lbs. of crap because you went swimming at a pool.

We had a great day. The best day we have had all week.

Davis swam in the big pool, he made a new friend, it was a perfect day.

Then we had to leave.

All hell broke loose.

I carried him out kicking and screaming.

A 30 lb. kid and a bag that I swear weighed as much as he does.

He gets loose from my arms.

Tries to run back to the pool.

Then through a busy parking lot.

The psycho in me came out.

I used the exorcist voice.

I hate doing that.

I hate being that mom.

He cried so hard. He just wanted to keep playing. I know it is hard for him to understand sometimes.

But it happens to the best of us, right??

I wish I could just find a better way to handle those moments instead of feeling like THAT mom.

1 comment:

Carey said...

you aren't the only one that feels that way sometimes. it happens to the best of us. yesterday i waived my white parent flag around 5pm...jon doesn't get home until 6ish. so in the midst of caleb asking {read: screaming} for cereal for the umpteenth time, i just grabbed a blanket and laid down on the couch. i didn't want to yell, i didn't have the energy to yell. it was one of those "how the hell am i going to do this with an infant too" moments.