Monday, July 23, 2012

4 Years Ago Today....

4 years ago today, I found out I was pregnant.

I remember it like it was yesterday.

I woke up, took a cheap Dollar Tree pregnancy test.  Sat it down.

Went to do my workout.

Returned.

The line looked a little pink, but not really.

Jeff said I was CRAZY!!!

All day at work it was driving me nuts.

Was I pregnant?

How could I be?

I just stopped taking the pill.

It never happens that fast.

It takes a minimum of 6 months.

My mind was obviously playing tricks. 

There was no line.

Of course I couldn't not take another test.

On my lunch hour I went to Target and bought an expensive digital test.

When I got home from work I immediately opened it and peed on it, without reading the instructions.

Oops.

Always read the instructions people.

Peeing on a stick isn't always just peeing on a stick.

I was pissed, literally and figuratively.

I told Jeff I was going to Rite Aid.

This time I bought another fancy digital test and two cheapo Rite Aid brand tests.

To avoid pee stream problems again, I peed in a plastic cup, then dipped each test in my pee.

I sat them all down, yes, all of them.

Walked away, went back a few minutes later.

PREGNANT.

HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And holy shit is right.

2 comments:

Sassytimes said...

That's a lot of pee! ;)

Unknown said...

I just went back and read your first blog post. Crazy how seemingly one tiny moment (and quite a bit of pee) can change your life.

Crazy.

I must admit. . .your story made me laugh. That was nice. :)