Saturday, August 22, 2009

Cloth Diapering

Before I got pregnant I was so pro-cloth diapers, I even bought enough newborn sized cloth diapers to cloth diaper full time. I was so overwhelmed with a new baby though that I quickly abandoned cloth diapering and went to disposibles. I sold the newborn cloth diapers on Ebay for exactly what I paid for them, so no loss there. I have been thinking about trying cloth diapering again, but on a different level. I don't plan on using the prefolds, I plan on using the BumGenius 3.0 One Sized All in Ones. I ordered 2 the other day just to test the waters and they should be here today. My husband has no clue I'm doing this, I didn't tell him because I knew he'd throw a mini-tantrum over it. Another reason I want to try this again is because I keep track of every single expense we have on Quicken and we have spent $300 on disposible diapers since Davis was born 5 months ago. Sick, right??? I can buy enough of the BumGenius cloth diapers to cloth diaper full time for around $300 and those could last me until Davis is potty trained. So $300 every 5 months on disposibles or $300-$500 on cloth diapers that will last me another 2 years.

Hopefully it works out for me, but if it doesn't I'm not going to beat myself up over it. It cannot hurt to try again.

No comments: