Sunday, August 30, 2009

5 of 30

Shopping, shopping and more shopping. Yesterday Mr. D and I went to the mall to see if we could find a few onesie and pant sets on clearance. We were very successful, Macy's was having a terrific clearance on summer baby stuff. I got him 2 onesie/pant sets for under $8!!! And they were Carter's too!! Can't beat that price. He can wear them in the fall with a jacket. Today I went to Once Upon a Child and bought him some fleece pants, a long sleeved onesie and an adorable pant and jacket set all for $11. Can you tell I'm obsessed with buying this kid clothing?

So, since I'm tired of eating takeout I sat down this morning for about 30 minutes and went through my recipes and picked out 3 dinners to make this week. Tonight we are having a homeade chicken pot pie, Tuesday we will have crock pot lasagna and Thursday we will have chipped beef in white sauce over biscuits. We need to get back on track. I haven't gained any weight recently, but I haven't lost either, it is depressing. I'd like to be back to my wedding weight by Thanksgiving and it is obtainable if I just stop eating junk. Of course I don't help my situation very much considering I just baked a funfetti cake and Jeff bought 10 candy bars from the kids in the neighborhood. We are sugar addicts.

I'm obsessed with Giant Eagle, if you buy stuff on sale and have a coupon for it, you can buy stuff so cheap!!! I love it!!! They do double coupons up to $1, everything over $1 is worth $2. I've been shopping there for a while, but sales only if I have a coupon and if it is something we use. Example: they had a sale on Skintimate shaving gel and I had coupons, I got 4 cans for $2, that is $.50 per can!!! I also get my prescriptions filled there and some of them are pricey acne medications so I earn lots of fuel points that way. In the last 3 weeks I've managed to earn $1.20 off each gallon of a gas at my next fill up, you can thank the dermatologist for that.

I've also been making my own household cleaner, here is my recipe:

1-3/4 cup water
1-3/4 cup white vinegar
1 tablespoon dishwashing liquid soap
a few drops of Grapefruit essential oil

It is AWESOME!!!!

No comments: