Saturday, November 22, 2008

Week in Review

This last week was a big week for us. We had the big ultrasound on Wednesday and yes we found out the sex and no we are not telling anyone. Neener, neener, neener! It will be revealed at the shower though, so hold your pants for another 2 months, you will find out January 25.

Everything looked great, the baby was measuring on the big side and the ultrasound tech told me the machine was giving her a due date a week earlier than what was originally thought. The doctor said that was not a reason to move the due date though because everyone is different and every baby grows at different rates. There are general guidelines as far as weight goes for what week you are in your pregnancy and they are meant as guides only. She said if my due date was anymore than 3 weeks off then it might be changed. So I've come to the conclusion the baby will either come earlier than expected or come late and be gigantic!

The baby was moving all over the place, he/she had it's hands in it's mouth, it was kicking up a storm, doing flips and it even turned it's head and looked at us!! I'm in love already :o) Jeff was ecstatic that he actually saw the baby for longer than 2 seconds since he was 30 minutes late to the 12 week scan. The tech spent about 30 minutes checking everything out and taking measurments so it was very cool we had that much time to look at the baby. I won't see the baby again until he/she is born though.

My weight gain as of 21 weeks is a whopping 9.5 lbs!!!! Not too shabby!! I really am hoping to keep the total weight gain to 20-25 lbs, but we will see. I workout 5 mornings a week and try my hardest to eat healthy, but sometimes I have to cave into those ice cream cravings.

No comments: