Thursday, November 27, 2008

Pregnancy Comments and Questions

Since becoming pregnant I've noticed some people think they need to ask you dumb questions or give dumb advice. Maybe they think they are being helpful, but really they are not, they are just annoying or maybe I'm just sick of hearing the same crap over and over again from different people. Here is my basic list of things I've heard about 1000 times:

1 - What are you craving?

2 - Wow, you don't look like you have gained much, you need to gain more. (NEWSFLASH, my weight gain is right on track)

3 - How are you feeling? (I realize this is harmless, but when you hear the question like 50 times a week it gets old)

4 - Should I be saving all my pink stuff for you?? (wink, wink) This is a sneaky question from others trying to trip me up to tell what I'm having.

5 - You HAVE to get drugs during labor. I had every drug they offered me and it was wonderful, I didn't even know I had a baby. (sure it was because you were high as a kite!, ok really I'm allergic to a lot of the pain meds given during childbirth so honestly I'm not sure what I can or want to take, I really don't want to break out in a rash, itch or feel like I just had 5 margaritas from El Camino while in labor)

6 - Are you going to breastfeed?? (seriously, this is kind of personal and the sad thing is I've been asked it like 100 times by people who really shouldn't be asking me that aka MEN! yeah, I know, weird)

7 - How many people are you going to have in the delivery room? (Hmmmm, let me think, myself, Jeff and whatever hospital staff needs to be there) I then get a perplexed look as though I'm crazy for not wanting to expose my crotch and ass to people who shouldn't be looking. I think I'll start telling people well, as long as I get to attend the next Pap test of whoever attends, feel free to watch. I'm just picturing some of these people with a grandstand of family members awaiting the arrival of the baby. I realize that grandmothers to be are very excited, but it is also my birth and my body and I'm very private, therefore I don't want visitors until AFTER the baby gets here.

8 - So, if you are not telling anyone the sex what am I supposed to buy you?? (hmmmm, I don't know, I didn't realize that babies needed an extensive wardrobe, maybe buy me a few bottles!)

No comments: