Friday, November 14, 2008

Non Baby Related Post

Next time I have to fly I'm having a t-shirt made that says:

"JUST PAY THE FUCKING BAGGAGE FEE FUCKOS!!!"

Seriously!!!!!! I'm so tired of flying and having all the idiots carry on bags that they know full well should be checked just to avoid the baggage fee. Then they all wonder why there is no overhead storage space anymore and can't figure out why the flight attendant is getting frustrated with them trying to shove a large suitcase into the overhead. Traffic getting on to the plane gets all backed up because of these idiots. Yes, it sucks that every single airline charges for bags now, but really when it comes down to it is $15 to check one bag really horrible. Is it worth causing all the problems you cause by trying to carry on bags too large??

Today I saw a couple that had 3 large bags they carried on. I have no idea how they got away with it either. She had a suitcase the size of the one I checked, he had a suitcase the size of the one I checked and they had a large duffel bag. They carried all of this on and you should have seen them trying to stuff it all into the overhead.

I realize that these unnecessary charges the airlines are imposing are completely ridiculous and maybe in some cases people just don't want to pay the extra fee to prove a point, but when you really look at it is $10 or $15 to check a bag too much to ask?? I know that plane tickets are expensive, but in the grand scheme of things the few extra dollars to check a bag cuts down on the problems this is causing. Hopefully the airlines wake up and realize how dumb it was of them to start these baggage fees. Why can't they just add a few bucks to each ticket, I doubt it will stop anyone from traveling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's why I flew Southwest last month when I went to New Orleans. No bag fees and with the online check-in allowed 24 hours ahead of flight time, I was in the first 30 to board every single time.