Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Recipe Tuesday

I love enchiladas, I have been making my honey-lime enchiladas a lot and felt like I needed a change.

Cream Cheese Enchiladas

2 cups cooked and shredded chicken
4 oz. cream cheese
1-1/2 cups salsa (I used artichoke garlic salsa)
15 oz. can pinto beans, drained & rinsed
4 oz. can diced green chiles
10 oz. can mild (red) enchilada sauce
8-10 flour tortillas
1-2 cups Mexican style shredded cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a large saucepan add salsa and cream cheese. Heat together on medium heat until cream cheese is completely melted. I find if you slice the cream cheese into very small, thin chunks it melts the easiest. Once cream cheese is melted stir in the chicken, green chiles and pinto beans. Remove from heat. Spray a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray, then spread 1/2 cup of salsa in the bottom. Put 1/2 cup, give or take, of the chicken mixture down the center of each tortilla, roll up and place seam side down in the baking dish. Once all tortillas are filled, rolled and in the pan, pour the can of enchilada sauce all over the top and sprinkle with the cheese. Cover and bake for 20-25 minutes until heated.

I was able to get 8 enchiladas out of this. I also only used 1 cup of cheese, but use more if you like them cheesier on top.

Enjoy!!

No comments: