Saturday, September 17, 2011

What Was It Like?

Davis is only 2.5 years old, but in that short time I have completely forgotten what life was like without a child.

I have no idea what it feels like to go to the bathroom alone, not rush around to get ready to go somewhere, eat a meal in silence or eat a hot meal, read a book without a 2 year old grabbing it and ripping the pages, not having to break a sweat while changing a 2 year olds clothes, not have a care in the world, sleep late, stay out late every weekend, not have a family room full of toys, not have a 2 year old pulling on my pant leg every 3 seconds while screaming MOMMY, not watch cartoons, you get the idea.

I am having one of those days today where I'm really just needing a moment for me.  Every single second of my days are consumed by cartoons, playdates, toys and therapy sessions for Davis.  I do get a break, one day a week I leave him at the daycare at his therapy facility for 5 hours that day, but let me tell you, those 5 hours go fast and they are typically consumed by rushing home, cleaning my house from top to bottom, doing school work and before I know it, it is time to pick Davis up. 

I think I need a vacation.

Without a kid and maybe without my husband too!!

Seriously, how many of you moms would take a vacation all by yourself?  Just to get away from your kids, your husband, your resposibilities as a mother and wife.  Wouldn't it be grand.

A girl can dream.

Time to go change a shitty diaper.

2 comments:

Emily said...

Man, I WISH I didn't remember life before kids...maybe then I wouldn't long for it all the time.

Sassytimes said...

:(

Sounds like you need a day trip to Ikea and a relaxing lunch. I'll drive so you can have a few drinks. ;)