Wednesday, September 7, 2011

I Pee

I pee, you pee, we all pee.

I pee A LOT!!!

I have known that I've had an excessive peeing issue for about 7 years now.

Ask anyone that knows me well, I probably go to the bathroom to pee more times in a day than you probably go in a week.

It is such an issue for me that if I am going somewhere and know that a bathroom isn't going to be readily available I'll stop drinking liquids for almost 24 hours.

Bad.

It has gradually gotten worse over the years to the point where I panic if I can't find a bathroom and to the point where I dread going places because I don't want people thinking I'm the crazy bathroom girl.

I lose sleep because of it.

I get up in the middle of the night to pee anywhere from 10-20 times.

I can pee before I leave my house, get to Target which is literally 2 minutes away, have to pee when I get there and after shopping for 20 minutes I have to pee before I leave.

It is ridiculous.

My husband has always tried to get me to tell my doctor, but I never did.  I just kept dealing with it in my own way.

Recently it has gotten to the point where I'm ready to have a breakdown over the constant bathroom use, it was wearing me down.

With some encouragement from my mom and husband, I made an appointment with my family doctor a few days ago.

She said I have something called Overactive Bladder.

She prescribed me Vesicare.

Guess what?

It works.

I am having a few side effects from it like dry mouth and drowsiness, but I take it at night so I'm not drowsy all day and honestly I will gladly take these side effects if it means I'm not spending my life in a bathroom.

I can't believe how normal it has made me feel in such a short amount of time.

I only wish I'd have not been embarrassed and said something to a doctor sooner than I did.

Maybe I wouldn't have felt like my life was controlled by my frequent urination.

My doctor is still running a few tests to rule things out like diabetes, but I'm sure it isn't anything else but overactive bladder.

If you have a medical issue, don't be embarrassed like I was, talk to your doctor!!!!!  I promise your not the only person he or she has seen with the issue.

1 comment:

Sassytimes said...

I'm sorry, but this is so funny because when I started reading this I thought "Take care with Vesicare". LOL. For some reason that commercial is on 1,000 times during the 1 show I watch each week. Ha.

I pee like that when I'm pregnant...it's annoying!! I commend you for dealing with it for so long all the time. Wow. Glad the medicine is working for you!