My MIL was visiting tonight and showing us the Wal Mart (her favorite store ever) website.
She found Davis all sorts of Lightening McQueen toddler beds.
Let me break down the problems with this.
1. He doesn't even like the movie Cars anymore.
2. I think themed rooms like that for kids are a gigantic WASTE because at this age they like something one week and are onto something new the next. See #1.
3. The plastic toddler beds are just tacky. (aplolgies if you own one)
4. They are expensive.
5. Our kid is super tall, these beds use a crib mattress and let me tell you, he wouldn't fit in that thing for more than a year.
6. She was also obsessing over Cars comforters and curtains, BARF.
So see, I have a bunch of reasons why this is dumb. If my husband says ONE thing about this I'm going to flip the EFFFFFFFFFFF out.
My plan is to leave his room alone, it is painted blue and very basic. We will take the front piece off his crib and add the rail to make it a toddler bed and when he outgrows it in length in probably a year or less we will either get a twin or full sized bed.
And there you have it.
Heavily themed character rooms are a waste of money, not to mention tacky.
I mean really, who in their right mind would spend $200 plus shipping on this ugliness.
My response to this idea was, yeah, my mom saw one at a garage sale for $50, I told her absolutely not. Then I said, I didn't realize we were doing a Cars theme in his room, let alone re-decorating. She got all flustered.