Monday, June 27, 2011

It Always Happens Like This

For weeks Davis has been waking up at 6 a.m.

The little rooster.

Today he slept in.

I was up at 7:45 a.m. and got an entire hour to myself.

It is amazing what you can accomplish in an hour without a tiny little dictator following you around.

I felt so good about what my day was going to be like.

I had already balanced our bank accounts (which sadly hadn't been balanced in nearly 3 weeks) and to be honest it was driving me insane!!!

I also paid all of my boss' bills.  (P.S. is it boss' or bosses???)

Anywho.

I did all that.

All I had to do was print the checks out, get them in the mail.

Then I would clean the bathrooms.

Clean out a dresser.

Go to the post office.

Go to the grocery.

Come home.

Prep dinner.

Great day.

Not so fast.

I haven't got past the paying the bills part.

Why?

I live with a dictator.

He is 3 feet tall, has blonde hair and commands every bit of my attention somedays.

Today is that day.

The work can wait.

My dictator will not.

I will eventually get it all done by the end of the day.

It will just take longer than expected.

Do you ever feel like you live with tiny little dictators?

1 comment:

The Random Blogette said...

At least you only have 1. Having 2 is insane, especially when they are both very needy. I don't know how you do it. I can ship mine off to nana's and go to work.