Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Overwhelmed

Davis and I were both very sick for 3 weeks between the 2 of us.  We were stuck home for pretty much the entire time unless it was to see a doctor, buy medication, etc....

Now that we are back into the swing of life, I'm overwhelmed, yet again.

So much for my New Year's goal of being on the go, go, go less.

I'm overwhelmed now by the following:

Tuesday - Occupational Therapy for Davis
Wednesday early afternoon - Speech therapy playgroup for Davis
Wednesday late afternoon - Speech Therapy for Davis
Wednesday morning - Library story time
Friday - Gymnastics for Davis

Then I am trying to squeeze in 1 day a week for something with our mom's group and 1 more day a week for a playdate.

I'm back to something every.single.day

Not to mention Wednesday is ummmm, booked solid.

So, what do I do?

I need to focus on Davis, obviously.

And hello?  What about time for stuff I need to do like get organized, work out, do laundry, or just plain relax.

Do I quit my mom's group?

I really don't want to quit the mom's group because I do love it, love everyone I've met, it is such a great support system.

I just don't know where to draw the line sometimes.

I hate letting people down by saying no, Davis and I cannot play today, we have too much going on. 

I have a lot to think about.

I know we will not be attending that many library storytimes, that is going to get cut down to once very other week or once every two weeks.

Any suggestions????  Please????

2 comments:

Sassytimes said...

I know exactly how you feel, Jill. Imagine two!

I have been pondering quitting the group too. There really isn't much on the calendar anymore and I feel stressed trying to fit activities in our schedule. I love the group though, and everyone I met, so it's hard. I would say focus on Davis and YOU. Do the speech things Davis has to do to help him, and do the things to keep YOU happy. Happy Mommy = Happy Davis. If you have time to meet up for other playdates/storytime, then so be it. Don't stress over them. Friends will wait and still be there when you have a free week. ;)

Angi said...

Maybe drop the story time for the time being and read to him just the two of you at home?