Sunday, January 9, 2011

A Case of the Sickies

Davis started acting funny Wednesday, just not himself really, kind of low key which isn't him.  Thursday I had lots of errands to run in the afternoon, so my mom offered to let me take him to her house for a few hours because it was cold and a little snowy and I just didn't feel like hauling Davis in and out of the car numerous times.  Well, my first stop took way too long and I got behind schedule and didn't pick him up for 5 hours.  At 5 p.m. my mom called and said he was really warm and hadn't done anything all day except for sit in their chair.  I picked him up shortly after we talked and he was on fire.  We got home and his temp was 101.5 under the arm, which our pedi always says to add a degree to that, so it was about 102.5.  I gave him children's motrin and it went down.  He played a bit and went to bed.

He woke up at 3 a.m. and was so hot, I took his temp under the arm again, 104.5!!!  Eeeeek!!  I knew that was not good, add a degree and we were at 105.5.  My husband heard me fiddling around, holding a crying, uncomfortable, 27 lb. Davis in one arm, while searching in the dark for the motrin and a cup to give him water with the other arm.  He came out and gathered the meds and some water for Davis.  We got a new pair of jammies out because Davis was sweating so badly, his were all wet.  We got him comfortable again, got his fever down to about 101.5 and got him back to bed.  By the morning he was just, what I like to call, a big hot mess.  He was so sick, barely moving, fever back up to 104.5 again and now had this horrible, chesty cough.  I hate taking him to the doctor for them to just tell me it is a virus and will pass, but it was a weekend and our insurance changed and we don't have as good of coverage for ER or urgent care anymore.  So I took him.  We got some antibiotics because she was worried about pneumonia, apparently it has been a popular thing for kids to get this season and Davis had a nasty cough.  I hate seeing Davis sick, he is so full of life all the time.  He didn't move at all Friday, so I just held him, all day.  We watched Toy Story, twice. Tinkerbell, twice and numerous episodes of Wow Wow Wubzy and Wonderpets.  Two of my favorite shows ::insert eyeroll::   He didn't eat at all yesterday, he wouldn't even sit up, he cried everytime I tried to sit him up.  He cried when I changed his diaper.   He cried when I put socks on his little feet.  He was just an uncomforable little dude.  Around 11 p.m. I started feeling not so good, uh oh.  Yep, now I've got it.  And now I know why he was so miserable all day.

It is funny how mom's just cannot be sick, I was up all night Friday with him until 4:30 a.m.  Got about 3 hours of sleep in, got up and cleaned my house all while feeling horrible.  Took care of  Davis all day, had to miss Bunco which I was really looking forward to.  Davis fell asleep around 7:30 p.m. on Saturday so I decided I was going to bed too, I felt terrible, was going on little sleep, perfect, I'll go to bed early and feel amazing Sunday.  Not so fast.  He woke up an hour later and was up until, you guessed it 4:40 a.m. today.  Then up again at 8:30 a.m.  Today I feel 5 times worse than I did yesterday.  Thank god for mommies!  Mine offered to take him today, so I could get a little rest.

I am hoping we all feel better, very soon!

No comments: