Thursday, April 22, 2010

Why is this upsetting me so much??

Davis is a great child, despite his sleep issues. My husband is 120% convinced we are only having one child, I on the other hand feel as though Davis should have a brother or a sister, I'd like a second child, if he changed his mind I'd be all over it. Sadly, if he changes his mind it will not be for a while, maybe 3-5 years from now. And this decision needs an OK from both parties, not just one.

I have a garage full of really nice baby gear that was used less than 6 months. I know we just have no room for it, not that our house is tiny, but we literally have no storage. I know I cannot hang onto a garage full of baby gear forever and the smart thing to do is to just get rid of it now while it is still in excellent shape and not covered in dust from years of being in the garage or shed. BUT, it is killing me, really, really killing me to let go of it. It isn't like we can't buy stuff again though and car seats expire so I'd probably have to get a new one anyways. All of my other stuff is rather inexpensive and most likely I'd just buy it used for a second child because lets be honest, you don't use the stuff long.

So, while on my designer jeans that no longer fit and Vera Bradley purse selling extraveganza on Ebay I decided to suck it up and list one item on Craigslist. I listed a Fisher Price Jumperoo that I bought used yesterday and got 10 emails. A girl due in 11 days is coming to buy it tonight. I cried over it. What the hell is wrong with me?? Over a used jumperoo being sold for $20??? But it is not about that jumperoo, I just feel like this is it, it is the first step to not having anymore children. After the jumperoo, then what?? the exersaucer, the infant seat, the stroller I no longer use, the baby clothes??? a vasectomy????

I need to get over it.

2 comments:

Jodi said...

what if I have babies! Save it for me. haha

Jen and Justin said...

don't sell anything more - you guys:

A. MAY CHANGE YOUR MIND - Davis wants a sibling doesn't he! ok, now your husband is going to kill me.

B. you could ACCIDENTALLY (wink wink) get pregnant. JUST KIDDING i swear i'm joking at that...but really what if you got prego accidnetally.

So just save the stuff for a little longer, Davis is only one years old. (again, i'm sure your husband is going to kill me for this....)

:)