Thursday, April 1, 2010

My New Sleep Solution

Not letting Davis nap. Yep, my new theory is that he naps too long during the day, therefore destroying his ability to sleep well at night.

You wonder how I came to this theory???? Well, yesterday we got up at 6:20 a.m. and went to Kindermusik at 10 a.m. Normally after Kindermusik he always and I mean always naps. Not yesterday, nope, he was ready to go. We got home and he was asleep in the car, I scooped him up and laid him in the crib. He woke up, smiling and bouncing a whopping 2 seconds later. I put the big stroller in the car and took him to the mall for 2 hours. It was 2 p.m. when we got home and he still was showing no signs of exhaustion. I decided around 4 p.m. to take him to the park. Something told me to have him face me in the stroller though, glad I had him face me because about 1 minute into our walk he was out. I tipped the seat back to full recline and he slept for our entire 1 hour trek. Once we got to the car he woke up. We came home, he had dinner and we took him outside to play for an hour. By 7:30 p.m. he was done, we brought him inside, got his jam-jams on and gave him a bottle. He fell asleep in my arms and I put him in his crib, he woke up, SHIT!!!!! I decided to make him cry it out, that didn't work, he crapped himself, ugh!! So, I got him out, changed him and he fell asleep while getting changed. I rocked him for 5 minutes, put him back in the crib and he slept until 8 a.m.

WTF????!!!!

I've decided that extreme exhaustion and no longer than a 1 hour nap each day is key.

I'll update on the progress of my new sleep solution later.

Watch out Dr. Ferber because Dr. Jill is taking over.

No comments: