Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Things I Miss

I don't care who you are, there are things you miss about life before child.  And if you say you don't miss anything, you are a big fat liar!  Or Mother Teresa.

1. Waking up on my own or by the sound of my alarm clock at the time of my choosing.  Not by the sound of the rooster child at a different time every morning.

2. Not having to clean my kitchen floor after every single meal.

3. Making a meal and having whoever eats it, actually eat it, rather than cry about it or throw it to the dog.  See #2.

4. I'm going to go back to pre-marriage on this one.  I miss sitting around my adorable, 1 bedroom apartment, watching Lifetime movies all day, telling my friends who want to go out drinking that "I'm sick" because I want to watch the Betty Broderick story for the millionth time.

5. Working.  What???  I actually said I miss working??  Take me to the psych ward, stat.  Really, I never thought I'd say that but I do miss having a job, having co-worker friends to gossip with every morning about other crazy co-workers, discussing the TV shows we watched the night before, sipping coffee on my way to work, having an entire hour to myself every single day for lunch, aaaahhhhhh. 

6. Being alone.  Lynette on Desperate Housewives said it best (she says it at the end, but this clip is worth watching in it's entirity):

No comments: