Sunday, November 7, 2010

Sports Wagon

We are already planning what kind of vehicle I will be getting when I turn my Grand Cherokee in next October.  Last weekend Jeff was car shopping online, he looked at a Honda Pilot (my choice), GMC Terrain (his choice) and the Acura TSX Sport Wagon.  An Acura TSX Sport Wagon??  First of all the word sport and wagon should never be used in the same sentence, let alone for the name of a car, especially not in the name of a luxury car.  Everytime I hear the word sport wagon I think of the movie Vacation.  To refresh your memory, here is a line from one of my favorite movies of all time.  This is the scene when Clark and Rusty go to pick up their brand new blue sports wagon before leaving on their cross country trip to Wally World only to be informed it isn't there.

Ed, the car salesmen: I'll get to the bottom of this.  Davenport!

Davenport: Yes, Mr. Ed.

Ed, the car salesmen: Mr. Griswold ordered a blue sports wagon, where is it?

Davenport: I don't know sir

Ed, the car salesmen: I know what must have happened, it didn't come in

Clark Griswald: Ed, I'm not your average everyday fool.  Now I want my blue sports wagon and if you can't get it for me I'm gonna take my business elsewhere!  Where is my old car?

Ed, the car salesmen: I'm just as upset as you are, believe me. Davenport! Get Mr. Griswald's car back and bring it back here! Now I can get you the wagon, there's not a problem there. The problem is that it might take six weeks. Now, I owe it to myself to tell you that if you're taking the whole tribe cross-country, the Wagon Queen Family Truckster... You think you hate it now, wait 'til you drive it.

Clark Griswald:  I don't want to drive it. I just want my old car back. I'm not falling for this. Let's go, Russ




This folks is the wagon queen family truckster, not the sport wagon, but you catch my drift.

No comments: