Thursday, March 11, 2010

Ferber Update - Day 4

Davis went to bed like usual, he had a bath around 6:30 p.m., we turned the lights down and relaxed afterwards until he started showing signs of being tired around 7:30 p.m. He took his entire 7 oz. bottle before bed, so I thought yep, he is gonna sleep good tonight.

The day 4 wait times are as follows, the first wait is 20 minutes, the second wait is 25 minutes and subsequent waits are 30 minutes.

Davis woke up at 2:15 a.m., I had to let him cry for 20 minutes, I went into his room and rubbed his back and said soothing things to him for 2-3 minutes, he did start to fall asleep, but my time was up and I had to go. The next wait was 25 minutes, this wait was pretty hard because it was the longest we had waited yet. I went in after 23 minutes (I just couldn't stand it anymore), I rubbed his back and said soothing things again, he fell asleep, but woke up a few minutes later. But now we get to go back to the minimum wait, he fussed for 20 minutes, I went in and rubbed his back and said soothing things for about 4 minutes (yes, I went over) but in my defense I went over because he really was falling asleep and I knew just 1 more minute of me rubbing his back would have him out and I was correct. This entire process took me until nearly 4 a.m.

He decided to wake up a mere 2.5 hours later. Joy! I was exhausted to say the least.

I suppose this night was a success in the fact that I didn't cave in and rock him, but I felt like this was the worst night we had yet. It took the longest to get him back to sleep.

No comments: