Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ferber Update - Day 1

Last night was our first night of the Ferbering process. It was fairly successful and I hope tonight goes just as well. I'm also weaning him from the night bottle along with trying to get him to be a better sleeper. He no longer needs a bottle before bed, he is going to be a year in a few weeks and I have to do it sooner or later.

Davis was in bed last night by 8 p.m., sleeping soundly. Around 10:30 p.m. he started crying, aaaahhhh, okay I thought, time to crack the whip. I got my cell phone out and started timing, it was brutal to hear him cry, but honestly after the first 2 minutes he simmered it down to a whine. After our 5 minutes were up I went into his room for the suggested 2-3 minutes of calming, reassurance. I re-adjusted him, covered him back up, rubbed his back and said in a soothing voice, ssshhh, go sleepy baby, sssshhh go sleepy baby, I said this over and over again. He fell asleep. I stood there in shock, walked out of his room grinning ear to ear!!! He did it!! He did it!!! He did it!!! I was praying he did not wake up anymore and he did not, he awoke around 6:30 a.m. Sunday morning. Phew!!

Day 1 of Ferber = SUCCESS!!!!

No comments: