Monday, March 8, 2010

Ferber Update - Day 2

Last night did not go as well as Saturday night, but I expected as much. We gave Davis his bath around 6:30 p.m., he had a little oatmeal at 7 p.m., we turned the lights down and had relaxation time around 7:30 p.m., he started rubbing his eyes not too long after that so I got a 7 oz bottle of formula ready and he was out by 8 p.m.

Davis slept from 8 p.m. until 3:15 a.m. and woke up crying.

Day 2 of Ferber, the first wait is 10 minutes, the next wait is 15 minutes and subsequent waits are 20 minutes.

I went out to the family room for the first 10 minute wait, of course Jeff didn't think I was up and I could hear him in Davis' room. I yelled out quietly to him, ugh, he was in there soothing Davis. So, he stopped, came out to the family room to wait with me. After the 10 minutes were up, I went in his room and rubbed his back and re-assured him he was fine and told him to go sleepy. He kept crying. My 2-3 minutes were up and I left. I then decided for the 15 minute wait to use the computer to pass the time, after the 15 minutes were up, I went in and rubbed his back, told him to go sleepy, etc... Ugh!!! Still crying!!! I had to leave because my 2-3 minutes were up. During the next wait which was now going to be 20 minutes he fell asleep. Success!!! Not so fast. My husband just had to go check on Davis which woke Davis up. More crying!! But since Davis fell asleep, according to the Ferber plan you start back over to the minimum amount of wait time. During those 10 minutes Davis managed to fall back asleep. I did feel like this night was a success because I really stood my ground about not going in there and scooping him out of his crib like I wanted to. I felt really good about myself and felt good that after an hour Davis did manage to fall asleep on his own.

He slept until 9 a.m.!!

No comments: