Sunday, October 19, 2008

Oh Babies R'Us

Jeff and I took a trip over to the warehouse of everything baby, also known as Babies R'Us. Since I am a smart shopper I had already purchased and read Baby Bargains, this book tells you everything you need to know about baby gear and it grades every single brand and style of gear. We already know we are getting the Graco Saferide in French Roast, this infant car seat is rated #1, it even beats out those super expensive car seats that will cost you twice as much just because they have a cool name and are made in France. I will not be getting the travel system which is the car seat/stroller combo as all the reviews I've read complain about the stroller being way too heavy, instead I will be getting the Graco Snap N'Go stroller frame which weighs much less. The stroller I have chosen for when the baby can sit up is the Combi Ex in Wasabi. I'm still torn between the Graco Contempo highchair and the Chicco Polly highchair, both don't have the best ratings, but baby bargains did give the Chicco a better review than the Graco. Believe it or not Baby Bargains rates Fischer Price highchairs with the highest rating, but they are ugly and yes I am vain, so we will not be getting the Fischer Price highchair that clashes with my decor. I also plan on getting a Graco Pack n'Play, but have not settled on the style yet, they range in price from $60-$230 depending on which options you want. The ones I've been looking at are in the $130 price range, I just have to narrow down the pattern. Our last item we know for sure we want is the Fischer Price My Little Lamb swing, Jeff is obsessed with baby swings because a friend of his has one and swears by the thing. Let's hope he is right because that little ditty is $150. So, that is what we are getting as far as big stuff is concerned as for the rest of the stuff my mom will be going back with me to complete the final registry. The world of baby bottles, breast pumps, etc... is quite overwhelming. If you have any suggestions on anything else you think I might need PLEASE leave me a comment!!!

One more thing, apparently Jeff thought baby gear was cheap, like he thinks an infant seat should cost $25, not $140. He went into minor sticker shock when we started looking at stuff, I said, what did you think this shit was free!

1 comment:

Angi said...

You should make your stuff clickable with a link so people can see pictures. Like when you talk about the car seat or travel system.