Saturday, October 25, 2008

17 Week Appointment

I had my 17 week appointment yesterday with my new OB. I love her!!!! Making the switch was the best thing I could have done. She is very friendly and seems genuinely interested in ME rather than just coming in talking for 5 minutes and leaving so she can move on to the next pregnant lady (which is how I felt at the old OB office). She does all of her deliveries, unless of course she is on vacation or something like that so that made my day. I love the fact that the doctor that I am seeing for the entire pregnancy will most likely deliver my baby rather than whoever happens to be on call that day. The hospital I'm delivering at is literally 2 minutes from my house and has huge birthing suites that I will be in from the time I arrive until the time I leave.

Here are the stats:

Weight Gain so far: 9 lbs.
Baby's Heartbeat: 153 beats per minute

I also have another UTI, I had one 2 weeks ago and my old doctor totally blew it off. I had called her when I thought I had one and she told me on the phone that it wasn't one (without even seeing me!!!) and that I was justing peeing a lot because I'm pregnant. So that evening I was going pee about every 10 minutes and ended up at the ER where the doctor said you have UTI and prescribed me 7 days of Macrobid. I called my old OB the next day to tell her and she still blew me off like I didn't have one. That on top of her lack of personality made me wake up and say to myself, SWITCH DOCTORS NOW. I'm still mad about the ordeal.

The BIG ultrasound was also scheduled for November 19. This is the one where we can find out the sex if we choose. I am already convinced it is a girl, but Jeff swears it is a boy. We will see. If Jeff and I do find out we are keeping it between ourselves and the dog until I reveal it in my fun little game at the baby shower!!

On another note I'm sitting here sipping a Pumpkin Spice Latte (bad, bad, bad Jill - baby doesn't like caffeine).

No comments: