Wednesday, August 15, 2012

New Job Nerves

I've been a SAHM for going on almost 4 years.

That is a long time of no schedule.

Hanging out in my PJs until whenever I want.

No routine.

Nowhere to be by a certain time.

I start my job Monday and am freaking out.

I'm going to have to be there by 8:30 a.m. every day.

Which means I'm going to have to get up early.

Shower, do my hair, makeup and dress like a normal person.

I'm going to have to get Davis up too and he is used to sleeping until he wakes up which is usually around 8 a.m. or so.

We are going to need to leave the house by 8 a.m. so I can drop him off at my moms first and then when preschool starts, take him there.

How is this going to work??

Am I making the wrong decision??

Any tips on how to make mornings go smoothly??

Maybe I'm just freaking out for no reason.

1 comment:

Sassytimes said...

It will take some getting used to...just like preschool would have (if you only did that). Go to bed earlier, get him up earlier. You'll get in a groove and it'll just be like all other days to you. It'll be your new routine.

I set out clothes the night before for the kids when we have to be up and out the door early. I also pack everything they need (snacks, drinks, extra clothes, etc.) the night before and put it by the door too. Little things like that help out so much! And when we have a late morning, I have them eat breakfast in the car. ;) They think it's a special treat, when really, Mommy just needed a few extra minutes to sleep or get ready! Ha.

I think you'll love your job. You'll love having something that is just yours. And I'm sure they won't call you Mommy all day and ask you to change their diaper or get them 1,000 snacks within 5 minutes, all while you're going pee. ;) You get to pee by yourself! Woo Hoo! ;)

Hang in there! You'll do great!