Friday, June 8, 2012

Gift for a New Mom

My good friend just had a baby, for months she had been drooling over everyone's cocktails at our monthly dinners.

I took her dinner for tonight, a gift for the new bundle of joy and a gift just for mommy.

I mixed up my famous Lemon Drop Martini (enough for her to enjoy 2), poured it into a small Ball canning jar, I filled another small Ball canning jar halfway with sugar to put on the rim of the martini glass and included a martini glass. I put everything in a cute white box meant for cupcakes and of course included the recipe.

Voila! Perfect gift for a new mom who needs a drink or two.

Here is the recipe:

1-1/2 ounces Absolute Citron
1/2 ounce of orange liquer (I use Grand Marnier, but you can use triple sec)
3/4 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 tsp. sugar

Combine all ingredients into a martini shaker filled halfway with ice.  Shake hard, about 30-40 shakes will do.  Pour into a martini glass rimmed with sugar.  I find the sugar sticks best if you dip your finger in some leftover lemon juice and run it around the edge of the glass before spinning the glass around in the sugar.  The sugar rim is a must for this drink!!!!  Enjoy!!


No comments: