Friday, October 1, 2010

Merry Christmas to Me!!!!

What did I score earlier this week for $228 including tax?? 

This AMAZING KitchenAid Stand Mixer

How did I come across my fabulous deal you ask?   I went to the local Bed Bath and Beyond on a whim a few days ago with my 20% off coupon in hand, you never know what you can find there.  Okay, really I was looking for a basket.  I didn't find the basket and nearly turned around and left, then I decided eh, I'm here, I'll just walk around the store.  Once I got to the cash registers I spotted a huge section of clearance, I'm the queen of deals so I had to look around.  I was looking at clearance Yankee Candles when I glanced down at a bottom shelf.  What is that I thought myself??  Upon further inspection I discover four KitchenAid stand mixers.  Upon more inspection I discover they are the 600 Professional Series stand mixers.  I look at the price tag, $399.  Hmph!  Not a deal! Then I flip the card over and it says 33% off price on tag.  I get my phone out, do a calculation and realize it will cost me $214 with the 33% off and the additional 20% off from my coupon.  So I immediately pick up the Pearl Metallic mixer (in my opinion the best color available) and put it in my cart.  I walk up to the customer service and ask the girl why these mixers are on clearance.  She told me they had two displays of the mixers set up and took one down, they were selling those mixers.  She said there is nothing wrong with them, they have never been used, but they didn't have the boxes or instructions anymore.  Who needs a box??  And who needs instructions??  You can print anything from the internet.  I made banana bread that night, it was AMAZING!!!  How did I live without a stand mixer?  Let alone one with a bowl lift for gods sake!!

On the other hand, this was not a good purchase for my diet.

No comments: