Tuesday, September 7, 2010

No More Naps??!!??

I think Davis had decided to give up naps, which is fine by me.  I have been struggling most of the summer to get him to nap anyways, he used to nap at noon every day and for the last 2 months he fights it and won't nap until 3 p.m.  The last 2 weeks he has been fighting the 3 p.m. nap so for the last week I've just let him go and do what he wants, if he acts tired I put him down and if not he stays up, 5 out of the 7 days last week he did not nap at all, the days he did nap I fought to get him down as it was.  I'm not going to encourage him to nap anymore.  As much as I love my 2 hours of alone time in the middle of the day, I'd much rather him be up all day and go to bed between 7 p.m. and 8 p.m. then take a nap and not go to bed until 10:30 p.m.  When he doesn't nap he goes from 8 a.m. until 8 p.m. and I love it.  I love that after he goes to bed at 8 p.m. I can have alone time with Jeff, I can go on a walk, I can do a workout, I can enjoy a favorite TV show without having to turn it up super loud to hear it over Davis' chattering, I can shop online (haha), I can do a lot of things actually, including going to bed before midnight.  Since Davis had always gone to bed really late I'd stay up really late which if you know me, isn't me.  I'm no night owl, before Davis was born I'd be in bed before 10 p.m. always.  I feel so much better now that I can go to bed at 10 p.m., wake up around 7 p.m., have coffee, watch the news, etc..  All before the mini man awakes from his slumber.  Hell, I might even get feisty and get up at 6 a.m. and hit the gym before he wakes up and before Jeff goes to work.

No comments: