Friday, September 3, 2010

I Was 16

Really, I was 16 years old, like 3 weeks ago and now I'm 32.  Where the hell does the time go?

I will never forget showing up to my freshman english class one day, this quote was written on the blackboard:

"Hold on to 16 as long as you can, changes come around real soon, make us women and men" - John "Cougar" Mellencamp

Ain't that the truth Cougs???

I remember reading that and thinking that being 18 was like soooooo old, then I turned 18 and 21 was like sooooo old, and then I turned 21 and 24 was like soooooo old, then I turned 24 and 30 seemed ancient.  Well, I guess I'm past ancient to my standards.  Put me in a god damn museum, I'm an ancient artifact.

I remember when I was 24 I started dating this guy, he was the age I am now, 32.  I thought he was kinda oldish, a bit sugar daddyish, but he was a lot of fun and super cute and had a really cool job.  It didn't last but maybe 6 months, but now that I'm the same age he was when he was dating me it seems weird that I thought he was old.

When I was 16 I was sure I'd be married by the age of 23, to my super hot husband, who was also super rich, also 23 years old, 6'7" tall and played some sort of important sport.  I would have 2.5 kids by the time I was 26 years old, have a 5,000 sq. ft. home, drive a Range Rover and have a little dog that I kept in a purse.  Who did I think I was going to be?  Paris Hilton??  Wait, she just got arrested for cocaine possession, I don't want to be her anymore.  I thought I was Jessica Simpson, she is more like me, a little D list, she had a hot husband at one time.  It works.  Yeah, I was gonna be her.  Anyways, I'm off the subject now, I'm dreaming of D cup boobs and big hair.  So, I ended up getting married when I was 29 and having my first (and only) child at 30.5 (yes, 30.5 years old, I don't want you people thinking I had to get married or anything).  I like this plan better, I had so much fun in my 20s.  Drinking, doing stupid shit I won't want Davis to do, like getting my nose pierced, wearing trashy clothes, going to bars Wednesday through Saturday, sleeping all day, waking up still drunk and doing it all over again.  Good times. 

Oh and today is my birthday, Happy Birthday to Me!!!  The big 3-2!!!

1 comment:

Jen and Justin said...

Happy Bday!

so wait till your ready to turn 37 like yours truly in just a few months, that sounds so weird to me!

and did you know i had my nose pierced when i was 17 and i loved it loved it LOVE IT! a little very small nose ring that just hugged my left nostril, didn't sick way out screaming for attention - and i swear i will get one again some day, ha! well actually bust out the old ring, i saved it in my jewelry box.

ok - sorry got off the subject - back to you - have a wonderful bday! any plans like dinner date night or just home with your guys which is just as nice i'm sure :)