Wednesday, September 10, 2008

My Eye Twitch and Almost Teary Eyed Morning

About three weeks after finding out I was pregnant I noticed that my right eye would twitch a few to several times per day on the lower lid. I had my yearly eye checkup today and asked my eye doctor about it. She said it is related to pregnancy, most likely due to hormones, lack of sleep and stress. She said I can take something like Benedryl to help it out, as long as my OB gives it the A-OK or I can try to become less stressed and get more sleep. Jill trying to become less stressed is going to be a challenge. I'm going to try it though. I do have more energy now that I'm nearing the end of the 1st trimester and have been able to get back into my daily workout routine. Hopefully that helps out, I really don't want to resort to taking drugs.

It has been about 3 weeks since I've worn my regular jeans, I've basically been wearing dresses and stretchy style pants to work and on the weekends. I thought I'd wear something fun to work today and put on a pair of jeans. They were a no-go, but they were a little tight before I was pregnant anyways. I go to another pair of jeans that fit me perfectly pre-pregnancy, also a no go. Now I've not gained but 3 lbs. and my damn pants didn't fit!!!!!! I almost cried and had to talk myself down from the ledge by reminding myself that I'm pregnant, things are changing, shifting, etc... I do have one pair of very expensive maternity jeans, but didn't really want to wear those to work today because those are my bar hopping jeans (just kidding). I've decided to take a trip to Target and Old Navy tomorrow to check out their maternity wear so I can find something decent and inexpensive for work. I'll blog about my shopping trip tomorrow.

No comments: