Monday, September 8, 2008

The Baby Room!!!

I have decided to decorate the baby room in cloud blue and chocolate brown. The theme will be puppies and since we have a doggie (2nd generation labradoodle to be exact!) that I'm totally in love with, I figured I'd include her in the decor somehow. I won't be going overboard with the puppies, but I will tell you that a few pictures of my Maizy will be hung up in the room. My bedding and accessories will be purchased from Restoration Hardware Baby & Child. They have some fabulous stuff and after looking at lots of baby room stuff online nothing else suited my style but the stuff available from this company. It is a little pricier than what you'd pay at say Target or Babies R'Us but still not as outrageously expensive as the baby stuff at Pottery Barn Kids. We plan on getting white baby furniture and will be putting a white chair rail around the entire room. The upper half of the room will be painted cloud blue and the lower half will be painted chocolate brown. And no, I'm not having a boy!!! I chose the blue and brown because they are my two favorite colors. This blue is light enough to be gender neutral, so it will last through two babies whether we have a boy and girl, or two girls or two boys. Let me know what you think.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

At the risk of you throwing something at me, I'm going to say it's "Just darling!"

*ducks and runs for cover*

Seriously, though... I like. Very you.