Tuesday, November 27, 2012

I'm Winning

I feel like I'm on repeat constantly.

The only words that come out of my mouth are:

Davis, NO!!

Davis, STOP IT!!

Davis, WHAT DID I TELL YOU ABOUT DOING THAT???!!!

Davis, WHY WOULD YOU DO SOMETHING LIKE THAT???!!!

Davis, PLEASE, NOT AGAIN

Davis, PLEASE, JUST LISTEN TO ME FOR ONCE

Davis does not listen to me, ever.

He is very, very strong willed and when he has something in his mind he wants to do, he is doing it.

No matter what.

Many days I just want to give up the fight.

Sit in a corner.

Waive my white flag.

But then I think of kids whose parents did give up the fight, they let their strong willed child win.

I won't be that parent.

I'm winning this battle no matter what.

1 comment:

Chicago Mom (Heather) said...

I know. It's a non-stop battle. Being a parent is hard enough, but discipline? SCARY!