Monday, April 4, 2011

It's Happening Too Fast!!

When we bought our house about 5 years ago, we slowly began to update things.

Nothing major, we haven't spent oodles of money and never plan to.

It is amazing what some paint and new flooring can do though.

Would you believe my kitchen used to be pink and turquoise?  With carpet?

Our home has 2 full bathrooms, 1 of them is pretty raunchy.

Think 1970s and the Medieval Times rolled into one.

We have been discussing a remodel of it for quite sometime, but then I got pregnant and we needed to create a nursery, then Davis was born and things got put on the back burner.

Now that Davis is a little older and actually utilizing that bathroom (we never used it - too ugly for us), we decided that this Spring was the time for it.

We threw around the idea of totally tearing it down to the studs, but we really don't want to put that much into it because we really don't plan on being here that much longer.

We finally decided to replace all the fixtures, shower doors, toilet, vanity, sink, medicine cabinet, lighting and floors.  We are leaving the tub and surround.

We went to buy painting supplies at Lowe's on Sunday morning for Operation Spare Room/Office and walked out with paint supplies and tile for the bathroom floor.

Originally Jeff planned on installing it himself, but we saw a sign at Lowe's that said $4.50 a square foot for installation, minimum square footage of 20 square feet.   Hmmmmmm, our bathroom is 30 square feet.  I think we can swing less than $200 to just get it done.  It is worth it to us.  No stress, no struggles, no swearing, no having to buy or rent a special saw and it will be done in one day.  Sold!

It is maybe getting installed Friday, YIKES!!!

Soooooo, we quickly need to make decisions.

I'm horrible at them.

I sit around for weeks, months, years, pondering what I want.

I cannot ponder.

I must choose.

I don't like choices.

There are too many.

I can never make a decision, on anything.

Especially paint, do you know our bedroom has been painted 3 times?  and the front of our house was painted 2 times in 2 weeks?

See, bad at decisions!!!

In the next week or two I must choose fixtures, a vanity, a sink, lighting, shower doors, a toilet and god knows what else.

Don't worry, I took plenty of pictures of the 1970s meets Medieval Times bathroom to share.

But I won't share them until our work is complete.

No comments: