Thursday, December 16, 2010

Cake Ball Truffles

I first made cake balls last fall, they were a gift for someone, I had never made them before but I was quite surprised with myself because they turned out really well.
So last December I made a bunch of cake ball truffles, I gave them to friends, family, former co-workers, our photographer, etc...  A few months ago our photographer asked me if I'd make them for her, she said she'd pay me because she tried to make them and she said they were not as pretty as mine.  I said sure.  So she contacted me a week ago and she decided she wanted an entire batch which yields about 40-45 cake ball truffles, depending on how large or how small they are rolled.  I delivered them Tuesday and she emailed me the next day telling me they were almost gone and asking if she could place another order!!  This time a double batch!! 

Do you smell the start of a sweet little side business??

I do!!!

I am very excited about this as I love to bake and create.

I will leave you with a few photos of the cake ball truffles I created for her earlier in the week and promise to post my creations after I am done with them this weekend.  Don't drool too much!




No comments: