Thursday, August 21, 2008

New Due Date!!!! and Ikea!

I saw my doctor for my first appoinment and to hear the heartbeat. A hearbeat was not picked up on the doppler and she assured me this was normal that sometimes even at 11 weeks it is hard to pick up. She thought I was 11 weeks and 2 days along. Well, between 12 weeks and 13 weeks 6 days there is a special scan you can have done. I plan on having this scan and they were scheduling it for next week. Well, as the ultrasound tech is scheduling it I mentioned to her I was afraid my due date was off and that my insurance wouldn't cover a second scan if the first one ended up being a bust. She decided that I should have an ultrasound to date the pregnancy. Sure enough I was completely right and I was only 7 weeks and 4 days along. My new due date is April 4, 2009!!

It was so amazing seeing our little jelly bean! It looks like me! I really feel like it is for real now that I have seen it. I also saw and heard the heartbeat! The heart rate of our little jelly bean was 150 beats per minute.

On another note I'm out of town for work today and tomorrow. Nobody at work knows I'm pregnant yet and I'm keeping it that way for about 4 more weeks until I'm out of the 1st Trimester. Anyways, Ikea had so many cute baby things and I had to refrain from purchasing anything because nobody at work knows. I called Jeff an told him he would be taking me to Ikea in Michigan sometime to check out the fun baby stuff.

No comments: