Saturday, March 7, 2009

Minor Contractions, Before the Baby Arrives Date Night, Less than 30 Days and a Needy Maizy Dog!

Friday night I started having contractions every 20 minutes with minor pain, I'd describe the pain as period cramps. It was weird because they were exactly 20 minutes apart. I did not call the doctor about it, I figured I'd wait it out and see if they stopped but did say if they got any closer I'd call. Well, they stopped around midnight and haven't come back. I will for sure be mentioning this to my doctor at my 36 week appointment on Monday though just in case it is a sign of impending labor and with Jeff leaving next weekend for a softball tournament I want to know if we should be worried or not.

Tonight Jeff and I went on a hot, before the baby arrives date night. We ended up going to dinner at Mancy's on Phillips (my favorite of all the Mancy's restaurants) It was fabulous!!! I had a yummy, undercooked, very red and bloody filet, baked potato and salad with blue cheese. I had two things pregnant women shouldn't eat, hahahaha. I've broken all the food rules many times during this pregnancy. I say screw em'. We are fine and our mothers had no food rules. Oh and the waitress was funny, she said she'd put an alcoholic beverage in a coffee cup if I wanted, that way nobody would know, LOL. I declined (I can't break 3 rules). It was a fabulous date and I'm so happy we did this before Davis gets here because god knows we won't have a baby free date for a long time!

I have less than 30 days until my due date. SCARY!!! I keep trying to picture myself in labor and it isn't a pretty thought so I'm not going to picture it anymore. I plan on packing my hospital bag and the baby's hospital bag this week so we are ready to go in case I have him a few weeks early. Jeff will be installing the car seat in my car either tomorrow or sometime early in the week so at least one car is ready for a baby. I think he will install the extra base in his SUV after he returns from his weekend of softball. He certaintly can't go out of town with a bunch of guys and have a baby seat base in the car! haha

Maizy has been extra needy for a week now, I think she knows the baby is on his way, dogs have a sixth sense like that. I swear she is trying to get in all her mommy and daddy loving before Davis gets here. She won't leave either myself or Jeff alone, she has to be on top of one of us at all times, especially me. I'm really looking forward to our spoiled dog's reaction to him, she is either going to be scared to death of the baby or want to be with him all the time.

No comments: