Thursday, July 31, 2008

First Appointment and an Estimated Due Date

I had my first appointment today. It wasn't with the doctor, just her nurse. It was basically a meet and greet, discuss what to eat and what not to eat, how much excercise to get, different pre-natel testing options I needed to decide if I wanted done or not, etc..... It was a lot of information to take in.

The what to eat and what not to eat part is what got me. I know that I'm a product of the 70's and I'm sure that women were not warned about eating deli meats and contracting listeria back then. My mother probably ate cold deli meat daily and I'm fine, wait, maybe I'm not fine, is this why my toes are crooked. MOM!!!! you ate deli meat and now my toes are crooked. Okay, really I'm sure they HAVE to tell you all the horrible things that can happen, but come on, give up my Subway??? No way Jose!!!!! So, guess what I had for lunch, Oh yeah a big foot long sub from Subway complete with (Gasp) un-heated deli meats. Okay, I'm not that dumb, I will adhere to these rules, but a little un-heated deli meat every so often won't hurt. My other huge thing that I'm not sure I can give up is coffee, I love my coffee in the morning. I was told to limit myself to one cup per day of coffee, hmph! I am really going to attempt to switch to decaf, if I can find my brand (Chock Full O'Nuts) in the decaf version at the store. I did find some I could buy online, so if it comes to that it comes to that. Call me coffee junkie if you will. I'm also to avoid soft cheeses such as bleu cheese, while the nurse is telling me this I sit their giggling to myself about the blue cheese because I had some the night before. I suppose that is now off my list, boy how I love bleu cheese.

I was also informed to hang up the crack pipe (haha).

I know I sound like I'm bitching about not being able to eat this and that and I kind of am bitching, but when it comes down to it is worth giving up for a short period of time to ensure a healthy baby and health pregnancy.

One last comment about this and I'm done. I'm sure some man came up with this shit.

On another note, my estimated due date is March 9, 2009!! Woohoo!!!!

1 comment:

Amy said...

My Mom smoked (cigarettes, not crack)while she was pregnant for me. If you ever want to see her cry, literally, just mention it! There were no warnings back then.