Wednesday, December 5, 2012

The Gym

When I was 22 years old, I woke up one day and realized that I'd eaten one too many tacos at Taco Bell at 3 a.m.

I was at my heaviest ever.

Around 155 lbs.

I decided to start hitting the gym and didn't stop for 8 years.

For 8 years I got up every day at 5:15 a.m. and would work out until 6:30 a.m. and then go to work.

Even pregnant.

But at around 28 weeks with Davis something happened and I could barely walk, get up from a sitting position or get up from laying down.

My workout days were suddenly over.

He was born.

He didn't sleep.

Life sucked.

I barely had enough energy to brush my teeth let alone go to the gym.

So for the past 4 years I've only worked out here and there.

My super shady ladies only gym finally shut their doors due to financial issues and I decided to join a brand new gym that just opened here.

And guess what.

I've been back at it and feel so great about myself.

I've really missed my regular gym visits.

Here's to hopefully looking more fit in 2013!!!!  Maybe I'll actually be a size 2 again :o)

No comments: